Basement Radio presents FESTA KIBOKO06.12.2011
SHAKE YOUR RUMP AND THUMP YOUR THUMP
The Kiboko Hippo felt sluggish after a hearty lunch of rice and beans, so he went for a swim. Right across Lake Malawi, down a series of rivers and tributaries, and into the warm Indian Ocean, where he played drums with a mellow turtle called Rodney. He’s a strong lad and he wanted more, so he swam all the all the way to South America.
… Want to know what he found? What he thought of the cowbells and the congas? What he discussed with the sea anemone who once met Charles Darwin?
Tune in to the sounds of the Kiboko Hippo this December to find out.
BASEMENT RADIO PRESENTS FESTA KIBOKO
A NIGHT OF AFRICAN BEATS AND LATIN TREATS
featuring djs FLETCHER, KIMON, TOK-TOKI and TOBY2SHOES
– Expertly foraged beats from the continent and beyond
– Cheap beer
– Roasted mielies
– Chalkboards to draw diagrams of animals on
– Fires to stare into and consider deep time
– The Basement, in which anything is possible except homeopathy
– The anemone who once met Darwin
… and locally-produced rooibos ice tea.
R40 before 10 PM, R50 after.
VIVA KIBOKO. ENDANGERED SPECIES GET IN FREE.